Monday 3 September 2012

4/9/12

So today I was assigned to a small group and we were to finish the head top weatherboard on the last external wall of the house.I grabbed my tape and hooked it onto the end of the existing weatherboard and measured to the scriber on the outside of the window,then I ran a full length with a mitred cut just above the window.A small peice was checked out using the Jigsaw.I chizled the back of the board so that I could fit the flashing into it.Once I had all the cuts up to my standards I then primed up all the fresh cuts.Then used jolts to fix it to the studs.

Second Bedroom of the house.

Then me and Brad went and started Gibbing the walls in the second room of the house.We cut the first sheet of gib to the correct length for the sound proof wall.Since it was a braced element I had to go along and measure up where the screws were to be placed.The pattern went;50mm 50mm 50mm 75mm 75mm 150mm 150mm ect then back down in the same pattern as you get to the end of the braced area.After the first sheet was put up we then continued with the gluing to the studs and dwangs.The hotpoint boxes were all cut out accurately with a gib saw.Then screwing off around only the outside of the sheets of gib.The glue when setting grips the gib and pulls it in to place.We have a 5mm tolerance at the bottom of the sheet.Having our rules underneath to hold it up is fine as you get the right amount of lee way.

6 Metre lengths in the lounge/Kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment