Wednesday 27 June 2012

27/6/12

So today,We started off with a small blog session in the e shed.I then went back to the house build after and finished doing the bracing for the corner/Hip purlins,I cut them on a 10 degree slope with a 45 degree angle cut.I nailed them off with a nail gun using 4 inch bright galvs.

Facia going up.



Wire stapled down to the purlins.

Me,Brad and Takey getting the facia to the right height.
We went back into the E shed after smoko to endure a 2 hour session of assessment related work on the laptops in regards to the Roofing section of the build.I basically have caught up with most work and have passed all standards so far.After 12pm me and a few others started with Facia.This was my first time doing it,The end of the Facia was cut on a 45 angle and the top of the inside groove was to fit flush with the bottom of the outriggers that are attached to the Soffiet bearer.I used my rule to slot into the grove and sat it flush with the outriggers.I used a electric drill to pre drill the holes for the 3 inch galv nails.We worked our way one out rigger at a time.After each one we sighted it down the other end.Each end of the facia was coated with a selant to prevent rott in the timber.

No comments:

Post a Comment