Tuesday 1 May 2012

2/5/12

So today,Matt taught us a bit about framing,We were given a diagram of a standard wall with two windows,We were instructed to name different parts of the diagram with a list below.

-Frame components,ShownBelow;

-Studs.
-Blocks.
-Doubling Studs.
-Dwangs/Nogs.
-Sill Trimmers.
-Doubled Studs.
-Bottom Plate.
-Lintels.
-Jack Studs.
-Top Plates.
-Trimmer Studs.

I completed that,and now I have a much better understanding of framing for walls.The next thing we had to do was write out our own definitions of Framing members.Then we had to swap them around with our classmates and they had to write the componet next to our definitions.this was to give us a better view on the subject.I didn't even know what half of them had ment but now I'm pretty clued up with them.

After lunch I had to start the wall framing joints exercise.,The tools I used were,Hammer,Chizel,Square,Sliding Bevel,and hand saws.I followed the plans that were given to me,And worked out all the correct lengths that the timber was to be cut to.Once I had scribed and marked out the lines on the timber I started the chizling.I made one mistake,but picked right back up.My joins are pressure tight as they should be.With a paper thin gap.

No comments:

Post a Comment