Sunday 27 May 2012

28/5/12



Big opening in the lounge/Kitchen
Mark went back over on how to use Moodle and Blogger ect,Due to a bunch of people who have not been keeping up to date with their work.Once we went back over this we had smoko, After smoko we moved back to the house build.I had a look at the board to see what my group was assigned to doing,(half of my group was here) me and Jesse,had to cut the lintel to the length of 3720mm,as the architects had botched up the plans,I ripped 2 90x45mm timber in lengths of 2315mm for the new studs,2 trimmer studs were cut at 1965mm,So double studs finally come into play in stead of blocks.

New dwangs will be made to match,I used a Skilsaw to cut the lintel down to the right length,Made a minor mistake then Cam came and showed us how it was done.A spirit level was used to get the studs all level/plumb.We then realised that the lintel looked slightly bowed.So I set up a dodger block.By the time this happened it was time to pack up and get ready to blog.Tomorrow we will have all the studs in the correct spots and nailed down using 4 inch reds steel nails with the paslode nail gun.And if the lintel is bowed then bracing will be installed and used to pull the bow out.
Amended Plans to comply with NZS3604
2 Trimmer studs along with a stud,another is yet to  be  put in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment