Sunday 12 August 2012

13/08/12

My first attempt at making my first scriber.
So today we got straight into the build,We had no more paper for the roof so that was left on hold.I was shown how to do scribers for the outsides of the facings for the windows.I measured the facing boards and added another 50mm on top of the overall to give me plenty of over hang.The bottom cut for the scriber was cut at 15 degrees.I made a 30mm guide that I leaned up against the side of the wood and tacked it in place.Then used the guide to mark down the sections that need to be cut.I used the table(ripping)saw to nicely cut the sections out.Once I had a nice tight fit then primed up the cuts and put it in place then tacked it,checked it,then nailed it off home.I repeated this for both sides of the window.


Scribers for the outside of the bathroom.
Everyone else was installing foam around all the windows and doors.This is to prevent drafts of cold air entering the house from the outside,and to keep warm air in the house.We will be ready for batts this week if they arrive.Then Gib can be chucked in,once the walls have been checked for square again,The rest of the roofing iron should be put up and done leaving us with the flashings for the hips and ridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment