Monday 13 August 2012

14/8/12

We went upstairs for a class session with Matt this morning.We went back over the types of wood that can be used in the building industry.There are 3 different catagories that we put them into;Indigenous,Exotic and imported.We went back over these as we have a written assessment to do tomorrow.

After the classroom went headed back to the e shed where we carried on with the build.I continued with the scribers,I have got all my scribers within reasonable distance on the weatherboards.I had to go and nail off the remainder of the wall claddings on the house.Me and Conan went to the Joinery room with Matt and ripped down some weatherboards on the table saw.Then we marked out where the window openings were on the board.I also learned how to make head flashings for the windows.I used snips to cut the flashings to the right lengths.Then they are nailed above the windows.The weatherboard that is cut to fit can then be put up and nailed off.

No comments:

Post a Comment